Strictly speaking, you don't need one, however, it is VITAL if you answer yes or even just maybe to any of the following:
- Do you want to rank on Google or other search engines? Search engines are using valid SSL certificates as a ranking factor.
- Are you going to be asking for any personal information, such as email addresses for a newsletter or payment information?
- Do you want your visitors to have confidence in your brand and website? Some browsers, such as Chrome, add warning messages in the address bar of websites without SSL certificates.
- Do you want a universal sign of trust? The padlock symbol in the address bar is recognised worldwide.
- Do you want dependable industry-standard encryption? SSL certificates use 256-bit encryption to keep data safe from hijacking.
In short, unless you have a website for a small number of people who will be accessing the link directly, having an SSL certificate is absolutely essential.
We at allthe.domains have a huge range of SSL for you to choose. Protect your websites and brand in just five minutes!
Some of our trusted SSL partners: